strategy | creative | digital | print | pr
strategy | creative | digital | print | pr
KISS is a global leader in professional quality beauty products and treatments with a presence in over 100 countries and a revenue of over $500 million. Founded in New York in 1989 after identifying a gap in the market for affordable, use-at-home, salon-quality products. The US-based company has many iconic lashes, nails, cosmetics and hair care products under its brand umbrella that are sold in-store and online that ‘bring the salon home’. The client’s products are accessible across Europe both online and through traditional retail stores. To increase awareness the client is introducing a new arm of the business; a stand-alone, direct selling model to benefit awareness, sales, loyalty and growth.
To develop and facilitate the launch of a new social selling beauty brand. The initial brief to supply a full mix of marketing, including research, brand development and conception right through to launch, with all the assets required for a smooth introduction to the market, evolved and grew throughout the process. A fast turnaround was required with only eight months from the initial brief to launch.
With may’s experience in direct selling, the agency quickly became an agile marketing partner, supporting the brand’s launch and rollout in the UK. Work began with competitive analysis and research leading to the conceptual work required for brand identity and naming and progressed to the creation of all printed and digital assets required for the brand’s launch, PR and website design.
may have exceeded our expectations, we are creating some very exciting plans, from the more strategic brand positioning to more executional areas like web design and content generation. What impressed me most has been how they perfectly balance the need for well-thought-out and validated strategic decision-making with the necessity to provide pragmatic commercially impactful executions as efficiently as possible. I would highly recommend them as a partner across the full mix of marketing activities.
Ashley Ferguson - General Manager, MeAmora
We began the project with:
- Competitive analysis and a review of UK beauty businesses and direct selling companies
- Qualitative research, including focus groups to develop customer and consultant personas and to gain the insights necessary to optimise the development of branding and proposition
- Quantitative research for both consumers and consultants
- Worked with KISS to develop the brand name, MeAmora and brand blueprint
In the run-up to MeAmora’s launch date may:
- Built profiles and a segmentation plan for consumers and consultants
- Ran brand workshops, and continually worked alongside KISS’s teams and agencies in the US, South America and the newly-formed team at Head Office in the UK, to develop a clear strategic brand direction, tone of voice and define the approach for targeting UK customers
- Delivered three conceptual creative routes, including a brand name, logo and key copy statements to bring the brand to life
- Delivered a brand and communications strategy to cut through a noisy and crowded marketplace
- Produced an all-encompassing Brand Book, a bible for the internal teams in the US and UK and external agencies
- Art directed and produced multiple photo and video shoots with a professional team of photographers, videographers, a mix of influencers and professional models, wardrobe and styling delivering the look and feel of the brand from our vision
- Produced engaging content that is slick and impactful
- Created collateral to aid sales, recruitment and communication, including utilising printing knowledge to produce stand-out pieces such as the initial Look Book
- Created sales aids and training guides to support consultants’ businesses
- Provided in-house PR with an always-on press desk and make-up artist (MUA) lash line, forged partnerships with key influencers, developed an active and engaged beauty panel with influencers (including a well-known celebrity MUA) and bonded corporate/business press relationships
- Designed the website from the ground up including sitemap, wireframe, design, look, feel, copy, imagery and creative design
- Facilitated Salon International, the brand’s first significant event, with stand and exhibition design and production
- Worked as an extension of KISS and MeAmora’s teams to ensure MeAmora’s launch date was successfully achieved
Working with the team at may has not just been a hugely productive experience but an equally enjoyable one. Their innate understanding of the complexities of the Direct Selling industry with its nuances and inclusive messaging has meant that the guidance, styling, and creation of our brand have far exceeded expectations. We are thrilled to have created MeAmora alongside their expertise and look forward to developing our brand and relationship in the future.
Denny Baxter-Hill - Sales Director, MeAmora